How to debunk misinformation about COVID, vaccines and masks
- March 19, 2021
- Cailin O'Connor, lps, Scientific American, April 1, 2021
In the midst of a raging pandemic, the importance of science communication is indisputable.
… It matters how we respond in these moments. As Cailin O’Connor and James Owen Weatherall
wrote in this magazine in 2019, the “social transmission of knowledge is at the heart
of culture and science.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-to-debunk-misinformation-about-covid-vaccines-and-masks/.
Related News Items
- Speaker focuses on critical thinking to combat misinformation
- 'An American Tradition': Lessons from a year covering conspiracy theories
- O'Connor earns Philosophy of Science Association award for book on unfairness
- Three areas where the 'Amen-Choir' effect will hamper DEI initiatives
- UCI Experts On: Misinformation