Artist discusses his digital and 3-D take on Orange County landscape
- March 4, 2021
- Valerie Olson, anthropology, Daily Pilot, March 4, 2021
How does an artist respond to the place they live? … The six images [in “The Orange Coast” series] are one of the pieces included in [UCI Associate Professor of arts Jesse Colin] Jackson’s “Suburban Ecologies” exhibit …. “I’ve been in a long conversation with a local anthropologist named Valerie Olson, [UCI associate professor], who has been looking at the politics and the and the kind of lives lived around this [Santa Ana] river,” Jackson said. Their conversation will continue at 6 p.m. on March 10 in an online artist talk between Jackson, Olson and [Adam] Sabolick. … Info: illuminations.uci.edu/events/2021_3_10_Suburban_Ecologies.html.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/entertainment/story/2021-03-04/jesse-colin-jackson-talks-about-his-digital-and-3-d-take-on-orange-county-landscape-and-architecture.
Related News Items
- How researchers in a simulated moon habitat survived extreme isolation
- Herzfeld joins UCI anthropology as Distinguished Visitor in residence for winter quarter
- NASA's DART mission will move an asteroid and change our relationship with the solar system
- For immigrants, the real risks of virtual activities
- From art to anthropology