Program helps young people who could be DACA candidates
- March 2, 2021
- UC PromISE, Telemundo, Mar. 3, 2021
The help comes just when, according to a study of university professionals, undocumented young people face a greater risk of suffering from depression and financial problems. “We got 2,700 students to respond to the survey, and that's a lot for all UC campuses,” said Jennifer Najera, a professor at the University of California Riverside. Professor Najera was one of the authors of the "Advancing Equity" study of the California University system, under the UC Promise initiative [led by Laura Enriquez, UCI, Chicano/Latino studies].
For the full story, please visit https://www.telemundo52.com/noticias/local/programa-ayuda-a-jovenes-que-podrian-ser-candidatos-del-daca/2162999/.
Related News Items
- Enriquez receives Russell Sage Foundation grant to study experiences of California's undocumented college students
- Social sciences recognizes outstanding faculty researchers
- Changing immigration policies negatively impact undocumented students, new UC study says
- Research to advance equity and inclusion
- UC Irvine-led study reveals nuance to the experiences of undocumented students across California