Testimony before the Hawaii Senate Committee On Judiciary, Senate Committee on Ways and Means on minimum wage increases
- February 22, 2021
- David Neumark, economics, Heartland, Feb. 22, 2021
Minimum wage hikes are never a viable economic solution. A 2007 study from economists
at the University of California-Irvine and the Federal Reserve Board comprehensively
examined the body of work on the subject and found 85 percent of the studies they
considered credible demonstrate minimum wage hikes cause job losses for less-skilled
For the full story, please visit https://www.heartland.org/publications-resources/publications/testimony-before-the-hawaii-senate-committee-on-judiciary-senate-committee-on-ways-and-means-on-minimum-wage-increases.
Related News Items
- Opinion: 'Natural experiments' lead to an economics Nobel
- The Nobel in economics goes to three who find experiments in real life
- America celebrates Labor Day - but are US workers winning?
- 60% of older workers say being old hurts their future job prospects
- California tax incentive's success is in its failures