Even a conservative analysis shows the $15 minimum wage does more good than harm
- February 9, 2021
- David Neumark, economics, Slate, Feb. 9, 2021
That’s a big, fat elasticity, and while some recent studies have suggested that the minimum wage could have an effect that large, they aren’t typical. Just last month, University of California, Irvine, [Distinguished] Professor [of economics], David Neumark, who is widely considered the dean of minimum-wage critics in academia, released a draft paper in which he compiled the results of three decades of papers in the field.
For the full story, please visit https://slate.com/business/2021/02/minimum-wage-hikes-cbo-relief-bill-democrats.html.
Related News Items
- Testimony before the Hawaii Senate Committee On Judiciary, Senate Committee on Ways and Means on minimum wage increases
- Research and commentary: Evidence shows minimum wage hike would be bad for Missouri
- Commentary: The high cost of trying to use the minimum wage as welfare
- Should the Feds guarantee you a job?
- Research and commentary: Given Hawaii's economic turmoil, now is the worst time for minimum wage increase