Even a conservative analysis shows the $15 minimum wage does more good than harm
- February 9, 2021
- David Neumark, economics, Slate, Feb. 9, 2021
That’s a big, fat elasticity, and while some recent studies have suggested that the minimum wage could have an effect that large, they aren’t typical. Just last month, University of California, Irvine, [Distinguished] Professor [of economics], David Neumark, who is widely considered the dean of minimum-wage critics in academia, released a draft paper in which he compiled the results of three decades of papers in the field.
For the full story, please visit https://slate.com/business/2021/02/minimum-wage-hikes-cbo-relief-bill-democrats.html.
Related News Items
- Opinion: 'Natural experiments' lead to an economics Nobel
- The Nobel in economics goes to three who find experiments in real life
- America celebrates Labor Day - but are US workers winning?
- 60% of older workers say being old hurts their future job prospects
- California tax incentive's success is in its failures