Pelosi calls for Trump’s removal from office, says Congress may move to impeach if 25th Amendment not invoked
- January 7, 2021
- Tony Smith, poli sci, KTLA, Jan. 7, 2021 (Video)
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi … on Thursday joined those calling on the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to force Trump from office. … “[Vice President Mike] Pence would have to write up the declaration and then have a majority of the Cabinet agree to sign off and agree with the declaration. Once that happens, he just delivers it to the House and the Senate, and it’s done,” says Tony Smith, UCI professor of political science and law. [Starts at 1:22]
For the full story, please visit https://ktla.com/news/politics/pelosi-to-hold-news-conference-amid-growing-calls-for-trump-to-be-removed-from-office/.
Related News Items
- Pelosi calls for Trump's removal from office, says Congress may move to impeach if 25th Amendment not invoked
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Opinion: COVID-19, border wall and economic stall: How have Trump's domestic politics fared in his four years?
- Why nationalist regimes are embracing war criminals
- Opinion: Threat to pack Supreme Court may be enough to stop judicial activism by GOP justices, prof says