Capitol Hill riots 'karma' for supporting Hong Kong, Chinese media jeers
- January 7, 2021
- Lev Nachman, poli sci, Newsweek, MSN, Jan. 7, 2021
President Trump's inciting of his supporters and his administration's inconsistencies create a "distrust in American foreign policy" and make the United States an "easy target" for Chinese propaganda, said Taiwan-based UC Irvine political science Ph.D candidate Lev Nachman, but the distinction between the protests in the Capitol and the ongoing demonstrations in Hong Kong is still "very easy" to make.
For the full story, please visit https://www.newsweek.com/capitol-hill-riots-karma-supporting-hong-kong-chinese-media-jeers-1559612.
Related News Items
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Pig intestines fly as Taiwan lawmakers engage in ham-fisted political attacks
- Taiwan distrusts Trump, but think country would benefit less from Biden: Poll
- US angers China with high-profile Taiwan visit
- Hong Kongers say Taiwan is their first choice as exile looms