Congress OKs cheap loans for NATO allies' arms purchases
- January 4, 2021
- Heidi Hardt, poli sci, Law360, Jan. 4, 2021
Dr. Heidi Hardt, an associate professor of political science at the University of California, Irvine, toldLaw360, "This act provides more evidence that NATO enjoys ample bipartisan support despiteTrump's past criticism and harsh letters to allied heads of state." Hardt added that "by easing defense purchases for Eastern European NATO allies, Congress presumably hopes to signal to them — and Russia — that the U.S. remains committed to both collective defense and cooperative security."
For the full story, please visit https://www.law360.com/articles/1341248.
Related News Items
- Hardt receives fellowship to embed with the U.S. State Department
- The future of NATO: A conversation with Heidi Hardt
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Women are regularly read and cited less in academia, but not for lack of research, UCI study shows