The 30% female author experiment
- September 17, 2021
- Heidi Hardt, poli sci, Inside Higher Ed, Sept. 17, 2021
Co-author Heidi Hardt, associate professor of political science at the University
of California, Irvine, said professors have many options for diversifying syllabi
today. … Faculty members may want to reach out to professional networks and disciplinary
organizations to learn more about crafting more representative syllabi, Hardt said.
And given the variation in students’ attitudes, professors “might also find it useful
to have a conversation discussing with students the selection of readings that appear
in their syllabi.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2021/09/17/30-female-author-experiment-political-science-syllabi.
Related News Items
- What we learned from the NATO summit
- Sweden joining NATO a "very substantial step forward"
- What does NATO stand to gain from Sweden becoming a member?
- Russia must account for its war crimes, experts say
- The consequences of women's underrepresentation in academia for graduate students' attitudes and retention