Once a fringe idea, the $15 minimum wage is making big gains
- December 31, 2020
- David Neumark, economics, The New York Times, WRAL, DNYUZ, Dec. 31, 2020
Increasing the minimum wage could lead employers to lay off some workers in order to pay others more, said David Neumark, an economics professor at the University of California, Irvine. “There’s a ton of research that says increasing minimum wages can cause some job loss,” he said. “Plenty workers are helped, but some are hurt.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/31/business/economy/minimum-wage-15-dollar-hour.html.
Related News Items
- America celebrates Labor Day - but are US workers winning?
- UCI Center for Population, Inequality, and Policy receives funding boost
- 60% of older workers say being old hurts their future job prospects
- California tax incentive's success is in its failures
- 10,000+ women sue Google over gender pay disparity