Opinion: COVID-19, border wall and economic stall: How have Trump's domestic politics fared in his four years?
- December 15, 2020
- Tony Smith, poli sci, Sputnik, Dec. 15, 2020 (Opinion)
Even though Trump’s influence on the federal judiciary will far outlast his own time in the Oval Office, not all agree that the appointments to the federal bench are solely Trump’s success. Charles Anthony Smith, a professor of political science and law at the University of California, Irvine, stated that “it would be a mistake to give him too much credit for those efforts,” since it was “more of an accomplishment by [Senate Majority Leader Mitch] McConnell than by Trump.”
Related News Items
- Early polls for 2022 favor Newsom
- Court-packing or term limits? Why any SCOTUS reform is highly unlikely
- Has California's leading recall warrior become a political player?
- Opinion: Redistricting might gain Republicans a few seats in Congress. Their real gains will be in state legislatures.
- Former gov. Gray Davis on potential Newsom recall: "There's no Arnold Schwarzenegger"