Why did so many white women vote for Trump?
- December 13, 2020
- Davin Phoenix, poli sci, The Tennessee Tribune, Dec. 13, 2020
Davin Phoenix, a political scientist at the University of California, Irvine, wrote
a book about how race shapes who gets to be publicly angry over politics. He found
that the media and public officials treat different groups inequitably based on the
airing of their grievances. “People of color express much less anger than their white
white counterparts,” Phoenix said. … “Their anger isn’t directed towards a particular
regime or party platform but at the system itself that they fundamentally believe
is not responsive to their interests,” he said.
For the full story, please visit https://tntribune.com/why-whites-voted-for-trump/.
Related News Items
- Opinion: Rep. Maxine Waters voiced the anger of many Black Americans. That's important, politically.
- The death of George Floyd reignited a movement. What happens now?
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- The Capitol siege shows how White Americans can express anger that Black Americans cannot
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump