‘The fight continues’: Colombia protests persist despite pandemic
- November 25, 2020
- Shauna Gillooly, poli sci, Al Jazeera, Nov. 25, 2020
Shauna Gillooly, PhD candidate and researcher in political science at UC Irvine, said that the national strike committee should ally with those protesting police brutality to amplify the movement in the future. In September, when a man was killed after police repeatedly shocked him with a taser in Bogota, the city exploded into protests. “There need to be conversations about the national strike expanding demands and turning to the factions within the national strike who weren’t represented well last year,” she said.
For the full story, please visit https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/11/25/the-fight-continues-colombia-protests-persist-amid-pandemic.
Related News Items
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- 'The fight continues': Colombia protests persist despite pandemic
- The problem with the coastal cities of Colombia's Pacific
- Is a new Plan Colombia putting a fragile peace at risk?