Opinion: Election 2020: Voting is ‘too often a privilege’
- October 23, 2020
- Davin Phoenix, poli sci, Medical News Today, Oct. 23, 2020 (Opinion)
Dr. Davin L. Phoenix is an associate professor in political science at the University of California, Irvine. Samantha S. Canty is a doctoral student studying race and voter turnout in the United States. In this Opinion Piece, they discuss how the changing legal and political landscape in the U.S. has created “potentially insurmountable barriers” to voting, particularly for minority and marginalized groups.
For the full story, please visit https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/election-2020-voting-is-too-often-a-privilege.
Related News Items
- The Capitol siege shows how White Americans can express anger that Black Americans cannot
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Why did so many white women vote for Trump?
- Cognitive decline distorts political choices, UCI-led study says
- Opinion: Election 2020: Voting is 'too often a privilege'