Orange County’s unemployment rate remains high as potential second coronavirus wave looms
- October 23, 2020
- Ami Glazer, economics, Voice of OC, Oct. 23, 2020
UC Irvine economist Ami Glazer said even if Disneyland does reopen, that may not translate into a big economic gains for Anaheim and Orange County because airline travel across the country is down by nearly 50 percent. … UC Irvine epidemiologist and public health expert Andrew Noymer said it would make sense to reopen Disneyland in the Orange Tier because so many other indoor businesses, like the South Coast Plaza, are open. … He said there needs to be some consistency in the public health guidelines.
For the full story, please visit https://voiceofoc.org/2020/10/orange-countys-unemployment-rate-remains-high-as-potential-second-coronavirus-wave-looms/.
Related News Items
- Orange County's unemployment rate remains high as potential second coronavirus wave looms
- Anaheim Council sells Angel Stadium and land for $150 million, subsidizes housing and park
- Experts, Anaheim community leaders weigh in on $150 Million Angel Stadium sale
- Voice of OC hosting Live Angel Stadium sale discussion with politicians, experts and journalists
- Protecting vulnerable students during the pandemic