How will Orange County officials overcome Coronavirus vaccine hesitancy? Incentives could be one answer
- April 30, 2021
- Ami Glazer, economics, Voice of OC, April 30, 2021
UC Irvine economist Ami Glazer said while incentives are good, the payoff should be
nearly immediate to increase the effectiveness. “It’s better to get a reward immediately
upon getting a vaccine. West Virginia is giving a $100 savings bond upon getting vaccinated,
but you can’t cash it for several years,” Glazer. [professor of economics], said ….
Bernadette Boden-Albala, founding dean of the UCI public health program, said risks
associated with the vaccine are far less than the virus itself.
For the full story, please visit https://voiceofoc.org/2021/04/how-will-orange-county-officials-overcome-coronavirus-vaccine-hesitancy-incentives-could-be-one-answer/.
Related News Items
- 257: "Price gouging" in emergencies (Raymond Niles and Amihai Glazer)
- COVID-19 anniversary: UC Irvine economics professor on O.C.'s pandemic economy and recovery
- A look back at Orange County's 2020 response to the Coronavirus pandemic
- High unemployment rates in Orange County slowly dropping: 2020's economic collapse in review
- OC sees thousands of new Coronavirus cases in just a few days, resistance to shutdown grows