U.S. economy, Fed policy in 'good position,' Daly says
- October 13, 2020
- CPIP, Reuters, Oct. 13, 2020
The Fed slashed interest rates to zero in the face of the coronavirus pandemic and began pumping trillions of dollars into financial markets, extraordinary actions that have helped fuel stock price gains even as the real economy struggles to regain its footing. Millions of Americans are still out of work. The situation, [San Francisco Fed President Mary] Daly said in a talk Tuesday hosted virtually by the University of California, Irvine, "seems unfair (and) another example of Wall Street winning and Main Street losing."
For the full story, please visit https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fed-daly/u-s-economy-fed-policy-in-good-position-daly-says-idUSKBN26Z05K.
Related News Items
- Food insecurity, diabetes, and perceived diabetes self-management among Latinos in California: Differences by nativity and duration of residence
- Building the next generation of population scholars
- UCI Center for Population, Inequality, and Policy receives funding boost
- New UCI Center for Population, Inequality, and Policy takes on causes and consequences of socioeconomic inequality
- Surprise! UCI holds graduation ceremony for athlete who fell ill (Video and slideshow)