Opinion: Threat to pack Supreme Court may be enough to stop judicial activism by GOP justices, prof says
- October 12, 2020
- justices, prof says Tony Smith, poli sci, Sputnik International, Oct. 12, 2020 (Opinion)
The Joe Biden-Kamala Harris strategy of refusing to answer directly whether or not they would increase the number of Supreme Court justices if elected makes sense, because it’s not an issue that most Americans care about, and could alter the behaviour of the Court’s majority of conservative justices, University of California, Irvine professor of political science and law Dr. Charles Anthony Smith believes.
Related News Items
- Why Trump may get his Third Supreme Court appointment no matter what the dems do
- Opinion: How gerrymandering in the states could lead to President Trump's re-election
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Here's how to fix partisan gerrymandering, now that the Supreme Court kicked it back to the states.
- The Supreme Court's partisan gerrymandering decision is Justice Scalia's last laugh. Democratic restoration now depends on the people alone.