Opinion: Threat to pack Supreme Court may be enough to stop judicial activism by GOP justices, prof says
- October 12, 2020
- justices, prof says Tony Smith, poli sci, Sputnik International, Oct. 12, 2020 (Opinion)
The Joe Biden-Kamala Harris strategy of refusing to answer directly whether or not they would increase the number of Supreme Court justices if elected makes sense, because it’s not an issue that most Americans care about, and could alter the behaviour of the Court’s majority of conservative justices, University of California, Irvine professor of political science and law Dr. Charles Anthony Smith believes.
Related News Items
- Pelosi calls for Trump's removal from office, says Congress may move to impeach if 25th Amendment not invoked
- Hundreds of political scientists call for removing Trump
- Opinion: COVID-19, border wall and economic stall: How have Trump's domestic politics fared in his four years?
- Why nationalist regimes are embracing war criminals
- Why Trump may get his Third Supreme Court appointment no matter what the dems do