Opinion: Republican Convention: Best and worst moments from Trump’s big night
- August 28, 2020
- Hector Tobar, Chicano/Latino studies, The New York Times, Aug. 28, 2020 (Opinion)
Hector Tobar, UCI associate professor of Chicano/Latino studies opined the best moment was “Several speakers have offered real-life anecdotes that spoke to the president’s behind-the-scenes humanity. But the persistent, constant attacks on Joe Biden (which took up infinitely more airtime) relied on abstractions: “socialist,” “radical leftist.” Can insults win the day again for Donald Trump? We’ll see.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/28/opinion/rnc-best-worst-trump-night-4.html.
Related News Items
- The 10 best California books of 2020
- Opinion: What the future holds for undocumented immigrants
- Opinion: Biden and Trump's final debate: Who won?
- Here's your virtual L.A. Times Festival of Books lineup
- Opinion: Best and worst moments of the Kamala Harris-Mike Pence debate: 'Most bizarre moment was the fly'