Ask PolitiFact: Does Black Lives Matter aim to destroy the nuclear family?
- August 28, 2020
- Davin Phoenix, poli sci, Politifact, Aug. 28, 2020
"I don't think there's any reasonable basis to claim" that the group’s website "is
promoting an actual reduction in the proportion of people actually living in a Western
nuclear family structure — but rather, to imagine ‘successful’ families as more inclusive
than this particular vision of family," said Davin L. Phoenix, a University of California,
Irvine, political scientist who studies Black politics.
For the full story, please visit https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/aug/28/ask-politifact-does-black-lives-matter-aim-destroy/.
Related News Items
- The Capitol siege shows how White Americans can express anger that Black Americans cannot
- Why did so many white women vote for Trump?
- Cognitive decline distorts political choices, UCI-led study says
- Opinion: Election 2020: Voting is 'too often a privilege'
- UCI Podcast: Professor Davin Phoenix on the political impact of the Black Lives Matter movement