UCI is No. 6 public university in Money’s ‘Best Colleges’
- August 26, 2020
- Campus lauded for combining quality and affordability
Money has ranked UCI as the U.S.’s No. 6 public university in its 2020 list of the nation’s “Best Colleges.” The ranking, which were released today, acknowledges UCI’s continued growth in providing accessible, high-quality education and fostering alumni success. Overall, UCI rated No. 13. According to Money, UCI scored well across the board but especially in the measures of low-income and Pell Grant enrollment and favorable graduate outcomes. Money listed that UCI ranks high in the percentage of students who receive some form of financial aid (65 percent) who graduate will lower levels of debt. These factors determining the Money rankings help explain why, among UC campuses, UCI had the largest total number of in-state freshman applications for the 2020-21 academic year, as well as the most from underrepresented minorities and Chicanos/Latinos. The Money recognition is the latest in a series putting UCI in the top tier of U.S. universities for affordability and excellence. Last year, Money ranked UCI No. 1 in its poll, and according to Forbes, UCI ranks No. 1 in the country among public universities for “best value” – a school’s ability to deliver the biggest bang for the tuition buck based on costs, academic quality, postgrad earnings, student debt and graduation success. U.S. News & World Report currently rates UCI the ninth-best public university in America. And in the 2019 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education rankings of this nation’s universities, UCI placed first for offering an inclusive, supportive learning environment.
Related News Items
- UCI graduate programs in economics, political science and sociology make big leaps in latest U.S. News and World Report rankings
- UCI social sciences counts 27 faculty among world's top researchers
- UCI is No. 2 in nation for diversity in 2021 Wall Street Journal ranking
- UCI is No. 6 public university in Money's 'Best Colleges'
- UCI is No. 1 in nation among public universities for 'best value,' according to Forbes