Opinion: How gerrymandering in the states could lead to President Trump’s re-election
- August 12, 2020
- Tony Smith, poli sci, USAPP - LSE, Aug. 12, 2020
Charles Anthony Smith, UCI professor of political science and others write, “In a
forthcoming book on gerrymandering in state legislatures, we find that dozens of states
use state legislative districts maps that give the Republican Party an unfair electoral
advantage. Many of the states with the most gerrymandered state governments are up
for grabs in 2020 and could ultimately determine who wins.”
For the full story, please visit https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/usappblog/2020/08/12/how-gerrymandering-in-the-states-could-lead-to-president-trumps-re-election/.
Related News Items
- Why nationalist regimes are embracing war criminals
- Opinion: Threat to pack Supreme Court may be enough to stop judicial activism by GOP justices, prof says
- Why Trump may get his Third Supreme Court appointment no matter what the dems do
- Opinion: How gerrymandering in the states could lead to President Trump's re-election
- Here's how to fix partisan gerrymandering, now that the Supreme Court kicked it back to the states.