Opinion: How gerrymandering in the states could lead to President Trump’s re-election
- August 12, 2020
- Tony Smith, poli sci, USAPP - LSE, Aug. 12, 2020
Charles Anthony Smith, UCI professor of political science and others write, “In a
forthcoming book on gerrymandering in state legislatures, we find that dozens of states
use state legislative districts maps that give the Republican Party an unfair electoral
advantage. Many of the states with the most gerrymandered state governments are up
for grabs in 2020 and could ultimately determine who wins.”
For the full story, please visit https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/usappblog/2020/08/12/how-gerrymandering-in-the-states-could-lead-to-president-trumps-re-election/.
Related News Items
- Opinion: Redistricting might gain Republicans a few seats in Congress. Their real gains will be in state legislatures.
- Former gov. Gray Davis on potential Newsom recall: "There's no Arnold Schwarzenegger"
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021
- Opinion: The winner takes it all: Academic explains why America's two-party system isn't going anywhere
- Pelosi calls for Trump's removal from office, says Congress may move to impeach if 25th Amendment not invoked