Will anger over death of George Floyd translate to political change?
- June 2, 2020
- Davin Phoenix, poli sci, KPCC, June 2, 2020 (Audio)
Public anger can stoke change in the form of political pressure, but that hasn’t always
been the case. Today on AirTalk, we discuss how the protests could lead to change
and how public emotion influences politics. Guest: Davin Phoenix, assistant professor
of political science at UC Irvine; author of the book “The Anger Gap: How Race Shapes
Emotion in Politics”
Listen in at https://www.scpr.org/programs/airtalk/2020/06/02/65676/will-anger-over-death-of-george-floyd-translate-to/.
Related News Items
- Cognitive decline distorts political choices, UCI-led study says
- Opinion: Election 2020: Voting is 'too often a privilege'
- Ask PolitiFact: Does Black Lives Matter aim to destroy the nuclear family?
- UCI Podcast: Professor Davin Phoenix on the political impact of the Black Lives Matter movement
- Will the Floyd protests lead to police reform? Here's what we know.