Much of CA under curfew as unrest continues
- June 1, 2020
- Kristin Turney, sociology, Cal Matters, June 1, 2020
Every prison employee is a frontline worker: Leaders need to consider prisons — especially prison staff — in the ongoing public health response to COVID-19, write Naomi Sugie, Keramet Reiter and Kristin Turney, UC Irvine professors.
For the full story, please visit https://calmatters.org/newsletter/california-george-floyd-protests-riots-police/.
Related News Items
- U.S. economy, Fed policy in 'good position,' Daly says
- California needs to protect its prison staff and inmates during COVID-19 pandemic
- Outstanding teaching award recipients in social sciences
- Opinion: Matthew T. Mangino: The unintended consequences of mass incarceration
- Why do people wind up back in jail? In Pasco, USF researchers try to find out