Animal Crossing ban foreshadows stricter Chinese gaming crackdown
- May 22, 2020
- Lev Nachman, political science, Nikkei Asian Review, May 22, 2020
Animal Crossing's disappearance was not unusual given strict video game regulations in China. Lev Nachman, a Ph.D. candidate in Political Science at the University of California Irvine, says: "It's not so outrageous or unheard of for a game like Animal Crossing to get banned, but the speed at which it has become such a global phenomenon likely hastened the process."
For the full story, please visit https://asia.nikkei.com/Life-Arts/Arts/Animal-Crossing-ban-foreshadows-stricter-Chinese-gaming-crackdown.
Related News Items
- Hong Kongers say Taiwan is their first choice as exile looms
- No, Taiwan's president isn't 'pro-independence'
- Taiwan tries to keep coronavirus out while asserting itself against China
- Brainchild of Taipei City mayor wins 5 legislative seats
- Taiwan election: Tsai Ing-Wen wins landslide in rebuke to China