Sleeping with the Muse: The relation between a musical life and sleep
- March 31, 2020
- Sara C. Mednick, UCI cognitive scientist and expert on sleep on the relationship between a musical life and sleep, courtesy of Record Union
Nearly 75% of music makers have experienced negative emotions such as stress, anxiety and/or depression in relation to their music creation. This is a troubling statistic rarely discussed that needs our attention. Sleep expert Sara Mednick and musician Lisa Mednick explore the relation between the science of sleep and the process of music making: the bad, the ugly, but also a lot of the good.
For the full story, please visit https://blog.recordunion.com/the-wellness-starter-pack/sleeping-with-the-muse-the-relation-between-a-musical-life-and-sleep.
Related News Items
- 5 natural ways to improve your memory, according to experts
- Not sleeping well? Take more naps.
- Wellness Wednesday: Understanding drug stimulants
- Stimulants: Using them to cram for exams ruins sleep and doesn't help test scores
- Non-prescribed stimulants may improve short-term focus but fail users in the long run, UCI researchers say