Sleeping with the Muse: The relation between a musical life and sleep
- March 31, 2020
- Sara C. Mednick, UCI cognitive scientist and expert on sleep on the relationship between a musical life and sleep, courtesy of Record Union
Nearly 75% of music makers have experienced negative emotions such as stress, anxiety and/or depression in relation to their music creation. This is a troubling statistic rarely discussed that needs our attention. Sleep expert Sara Mednick and musician Lisa Mednick explore the relation between the science of sleep and the process of music making: the bad, the ugly, but also a lot of the good.
For the full story, please visit https://blog.recordunion.com/the-wellness-starter-pack/sleeping-with-the-muse-the-relation-between-a-musical-life-and-sleep.
Related News Items
- UCI Podcast: The perils and benefits of dream incubation
- Scientists warn of a new type of advertising where companies try to manipulate dreams
- In-depth: Scientists warn of a new type of advertising: manipulating your dreams
- On the podcast: Dr. Sara Mednick, Tracy Clark-Flory, and Dr. Will Cole
- Feeling midday fatigue? A short shut-eye session can help