A coronavirus recession would hurt all kinds of Republican candidates — not just Trump
- March 18, 2020
- Michael Tesler, poli sci, The Washington Post, March 18, 2020
As Michael Tesler [UCI associate professor of political science] wrote here at TMC, political scientists have long found that national economic conditions sway voters’ likelihood of voting for the incumbent president. But effects go beyond that: Voters reward or blame the president’s party in other elections as well.
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/18/coronavirus-recession-would-hurt-all-kinds-republican-candidates-not-just-trump/.
Related News Items
- Republicans were more concerned about Ebola than they've been about coronavirus. Here's why.
- In a pandemic, political polarization could kill people
- A coronavirus recession would hurt all kinds of Republican candidates -- not just Trump
- 3 ways the coronavirus could end Trump's presidency
- Opinion: Trump has a gift for tearing us apart