Proxy war in Idlib heads toward military escalation
- March 12, 2020
- Stergios Skaperdas, economics, Asia Times, Mar. 12, 2020 (Opinion)
Nicholas Sambanis (University of Pennsylvania), [Professor] Stergios Skaperdas (University of California, Irvine) and William Wohlforth (Dartmouth College), the authors of a working paper published in 2017, further argue that if one side’s patrons increase material support for its proxy, there is a risk of escalation by the other side’s patrons.
For the full story, please visit https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/proxy-war-in-idlib-heads-toward-military-escalation/.
Related News Items
- Will economic sanctions be enough to stop the Russian invasion of Ukraine? It is unlikely according to these analysts
- War! What is it good for?
- Barkowski awarded Georgescu-Rogen Prize
- Surprise! UCI holds graduation ceremony for athlete who fell ill (Video and slideshow)
- Greek debt crisis: Hear today, here tomorrow