Not sleeping well? Take more naps.
- February 19, 2020
- Sara Mednick, cognitive sciences, Thrive Global, Feb. 19, 2020
If it’s realistic for your workday, longer early afternoon naps can be valuable too, says Sara Mednick, Ph.D, an associate professor in the department of cognitive science at the University of California, Irvine, and author of Take a Nap! Change Your Life. “20 minutes [of nap time] is great for a pick me up,” Mednick explains. But if you have more time, “start with 20 minutes… then, if possible, increase it.
For the full story, please visit https://thriveglobal.com/stories/not-sleeping-well-take-more-naps/.
Related News Items
- 5 natural ways to improve your memory, according to experts
- Sleeping with the Muse: The relation between a musical life and sleep
- Wellness Wednesday: Understanding drug stimulants
- Stimulants: Using them to cram for exams ruins sleep and doesn't help test scores
- Non-prescribed stimulants may improve short-term focus but fail users in the long run, UCI researchers say