Fullerton could authorize its first year-round homeless shelter
- January 20, 2020
- Research by Dave Snow and Rachel Goldberg, sociology, Voice of OC, Jan. 20, 2020
A 2018 UC Irvine study showed permanent supportive housing saves more taxpayer money than continuing to leave disabled homeless people on the streets. The study, which took into account the housing costs, showed money is saved because the housing approach reduces emergency room visits and jail sentences.
For the full story, please visit https://voiceofoc.org/2020/01/fullerton-could-authorize-its-first-year-round-homeless-shelter/.
Related News Items
- O.C. housing agencies face hurdles fulfilling 'unprecedented' number of housing vouchers before they expire
- A lesson in solidarity
- UCI sociologists are making their mark
- New program allows incarcerated students to get bachelor's degrees alongside peers on the outside
- Nonprofit turning motel into housing for homeless as part of O.C. effort to build 2,700 units by 2025