Experts look at Angel Stadium deal before Anaheim council’s big vote Friday
- December 17, 2019
- Ami Glazer, economics, Orange County Register, Dec. 17, 2019
UC Irvine economics professor Amihai Glazer wondered why the city just went with the appraisal and didn’t ask for competitive bids for the property’s purchase. That might give a better idea of how much the land is worth, and another developer might have different ideas of what to build. The mayor and City Council majority have been adamant keeping the team in town is a priority.
For the full story, please visit https://www.ocregister.com/2019/12/17/angel-stadium-property-and-sale-are-complicated-to-assess/.
Related News Items
- A look back at Orange County's 2020 response to the Coronavirus pandemic
- High unemployment rates in Orange County slowly dropping: 2020's economic collapse in review
- OC sees thousands of new Coronavirus cases in just a few days, resistance to shutdown grows
- Orange County's unemployment rate remains high as potential second coronavirus wave looms
- Anaheim Council sells Angel Stadium and land for $150 million, subsidizes housing and park