Experts look at Angel Stadium deal before Anaheim council’s big vote Friday
- December 17, 2019
- Ami Glazer, economics, Orange County Register, Dec. 17, 2019
UC Irvine economics professor Amihai Glazer wondered why the city just went with the appraisal and didn’t ask for competitive bids for the property’s purchase. That might give a better idea of how much the land is worth, and another developer might have different ideas of what to build. The mayor and City Council majority have been adamant keeping the team in town is a priority.
For the full story, please visit https://www.ocregister.com/2019/12/17/angel-stadium-property-and-sale-are-complicated-to-assess/.
Related News Items
- Experts look at Angel Stadium deal before Anaheim council's big vote Friday
- What tech boom? UCI professor muted on OC
- Everything you think you know about corporate tax incentives is wrong
- Why corporate tax incentives don't get results
- Why cities should stop playing Amazon's game and quit offering companies tax incentives