Experts look at Angel Stadium deal before Anaheim council’s big vote Friday
- December 17, 2019
- Ami Glazer, economics, Orange County Register, Dec. 17, 2019
UC Irvine economics professor Amihai Glazer wondered why the city just went with the appraisal and didn’t ask for competitive bids for the property’s purchase. That might give a better idea of how much the land is worth, and another developer might have different ideas of what to build. The mayor and City Council majority have been adamant keeping the team in town is a priority.
For the full story, please visit https://www.ocregister.com/2019/12/17/angel-stadium-property-and-sale-are-complicated-to-assess/.
Related News Items
- Orange County's unemployment rate remains high as potential second coronavirus wave looms
- Anaheim Council sells Angel Stadium and land for $150 million, subsidizes housing and park
- Experts, Anaheim community leaders weigh in on $150 Million Angel Stadium sale
- Voice of OC hosting Live Angel Stadium sale discussion with politicians, experts and journalists
- Protecting vulnerable students during the pandemic