Experts look at Angel Stadium deal before Anaheim council’s big vote Friday
- December 17, 2019
- Ami Glazer, economics, Orange County Register, Dec. 17, 2019
UC Irvine economics professor Amihai Glazer wondered why the city just went with the appraisal and didn’t ask for competitive bids for the property’s purchase. That might give a better idea of how much the land is worth, and another developer might have different ideas of what to build. The mayor and City Council majority have been adamant keeping the team in town is a priority.
For the full story, please visit https://www.ocregister.com/2019/12/17/angel-stadium-property-and-sale-are-complicated-to-assess/.
Related News Items
- Protecting vulnerable students during the pandemic
- Economy starts long comeback, CSUF says
- Opinion: Bailouts don't save jobs: Amihai Glazer
- Orange County could see Great Depression era unemployment from Coronavirus impact
- Price controls don't work - but mask rationing is the exception that proves the rule