For ICE, business as usual is never business as usual in era of Trump
- November 4, 2019
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, Los Angeles Times, Nov. 4, 2019
By comparison, peak removals under Trump occurred this year, with 257,000 as of Sept. 21 — a few days shy of the close of this fiscal year. Some of the decline in removals and deportations can be attributed to less cooperation from local law enforcement, said Louis DeSipio, a political science professor at UC Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-11-04/on-a-ride-along-with-immigration-and-customs-enforcement-agents.
Related News Items
- Orange County Democrats celebrate recall victory as Republicans look to the future
- Federal government considers two more California sites to house unaccompanied migrant children
- Biden's immigration reform bill could change everything... or not pass at all. Here's what you need to know.
- Biden unveils plan for path to citizenship, history of immigration reform
- UC Irvine political science faculty statement on the events of Jan. 6, 2021