For ICE, business as usual is never business as usual in era of Trump
- November 4, 2019
- Louis DeSipio, Chicano/Latino studies and poli sci, Los Angeles Times, Nov. 4, 2019
By comparison, peak removals under Trump occurred this year, with 257,000 as of Sept. 21 — a few days shy of the close of this fiscal year. Some of the decline in removals and deportations can be attributed to less cooperation from local law enforcement, said Louis DeSipio, a political science professor at UC Irvine.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-11-04/on-a-ride-along-with-immigration-and-customs-enforcement-agents.
Related News Items
- Immigrants in California applying to become US citizens
- Republicans claim victory in two special elections
- Joe Biden must follow Bernie Sanders' example and aggressively court Latinos
- Naturalized citizens could be critical in this fall's election
- Most Republicans and Democrats agree: Immigrants make the U.S. a better place to live