Wellness Wednesday: Understanding drug stimulants
- October 23, 2019
- Sara Mednick, cog sci, WOSU, Oct. 23, 2019 (Audio)
Some prescription stimulants intended to treat attention deficit disorder, have a history of misuse by people who are seeking a “brain boost.” The problem has been acute among young college students. A new study out of the University of California suggests that nonmedical use of stimulants brings with it negatives than positives. … Guests: Sara Mednick, sleep expert and cognitive neuroscientist, School of Social Sciences, University of California, Irvine ….
For the full story, please visit https://radio.wosu.org/post/wellness-wednesday-understanding-drug-stimulants#stream/0.
Related News Items
- On the podcast: Dr. Sara Mednick, Tracy Clark-Flory, and Dr. Will Cole
- Feeling midday fatigue? A short shut-eye session can help
- Nap time is the new coffee break. Here's how to make the most of it.
- 5 natural ways to improve your memory, according to experts
- Sleeping with the Muse: The relation between a musical life and sleep