Video giant Twitch pushes Trump rallies and mass violence into the live-stream age
- October 17, 2019
- Bill Maurer, anthropology, The Washington Post, Oct. 17, 2019
“That’s why it’s so interesting to extremists,” said Bill Maurer, dean of the School of Social Sciences at the University of California at Irvine. “There is no way they can stop someone from airing something in real time.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/10/17/video-giant-twitch-pushes-trump-rallies-mass-violence-into-live-stream-age/.
Related News Items
- Maurer elected to Orange County United Way board of directors
- Business news
- FBI just proved Bitcoin's much-touted anonymity is illusory, says financial expert -- and no, El Salvador didn't actually make Bitcoin any more useful
- The fascinating history behind the popular 'waving lucky cat'
- Why Epic is burning its own cash to cook Apple