Why Trump's wrong to blast the Fed over China's 'currency manipulation'
- August 5, 2019
- Gary Richardson, economics, via Yahoo! Finance, Aug. 5, 2019 (Video)
But what role does the Fed actually play in controlling currency exchange rates? “Not
much,” said Gary Richardson, a finance professor at the University of California at
Irvine and the former official Federal Reserve historian. Congress has told the Fed
that currency exchange rates are “not part of your job.”
For the full story, please visit https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-trumps-wrong-to-blast-the-fed-over-chinas-currency-manipulation-160148204.html
Related News Items
- The Fed is cutting interest rates. Why that matters
- A guide to the Federal Reserve's board of directors
- Is the Federal Reserve about to cave to Trump's demand to cut interest rates?
- The fate of Trump's economy now hinges on the Federal Reserve, the agency the president called 'crazy'
- Trump to nominate conservative Stephen Moore for Fed board