Why Trump's wrong to blast the Fed over China's 'currency manipulation'
- August 5, 2019
- Gary Richardson, economics, via Yahoo! Finance, Aug. 5, 2019 (Video)
But what role does the Fed actually play in controlling currency exchange rates? “Not
much,” said Gary Richardson, a finance professor at the University of California at
Irvine and the former official Federal Reserve historian. Congress has told the Fed
that currency exchange rates are “not part of your job.”
For the full story, please visit https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-trumps-wrong-to-blast-the-fed-over-chinas-currency-manipulation-160148204.html
Related News Items
- If the Fed's nominees were confirmed, could they change monetary policy?
- The Fed is throwing money around. Not everyone is reaping the benefits
- Small-business loans: Strip clubs, marijuana stores need not apply
- Hutchins Roundup: Unconditional cash transfers, countercyclical capital buffers, and more
- 3 lessons for today's economy from former Fed chair Paul Volcker's long and storied career