Photo of the Day: 'Taiwan clichés, inaccuracies, and bad takes' bingo
- July 18, 2019
- Lev Nachman, poli sci, in Taiwan News, July 18, 2019
In anticipation of the standard disinformation spewed forth by Chinese state-run media and its regurgitation by Western media outlets over the latest arms sale to Taiwan, a researcher at the University of California, Irvine created a bingo game including all the clichés, propaganda, falsehoods, and tired tropes about Taiwan. … UC Irvine Ph.D. candidate in Political Science Lev Nachman, 27, created a humorous bingo game to act as a primer for the uninitiated. On July 10, Nachman took to Twitter to write that in light of the latest arms sale and Tsai's visit to the U.S., he had created a "Taiwan clichés, inaccuracies, and bad takes" bingo card.
For the full story, please visit https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3747178.
Related News Items
- Beijing says Hong Kong protests 'show signs of terrorism.' If you only watch state media, you probably agree
- Why the Hong Kong protests don't guarantee a Tsai victory in Taiwan
- How fears of 'mainlandization' fuel Hong Kong's mass protests
- Q&A with soon-to-be professor Hannah June Kim
- A goddess inspired a Taiwanese billionaire to follow Trump's example