Other tech companies may be biggest winners in Amazon and New York City's HQ2 debacle
- February 15, 2019
- Ami Glazer, economics, via ABC12 and numerous outlets nationwide, Feb. 15, 2019
“There are lots and lots of ways a city can make life miserable for a local company,” said Amihai Glazer, an economics professor and director of the corporate welfare program and the University of California, Irvine. … Glazer noted Amazon is not announcing another site for the HQ2 development that was planned for Long Island City. “It sounds like they don’t want this massive investment in the first place...,” he said. “I think Amazon is having second thoughts about the whole idea.”
For the full story, please visit https://wcti12.com/news/nation-world/other-tech-companies-may-be-biggest-winners-in-amazon-and-new-york-citys-hq2-debacle.
Related News Items
- What tech boom? UCI professor muted on OC
- Everything you think you know about corporate tax incentives is wrong
- Why corporate tax incentives don't get results
- Why cities should stop playing Amazon's game and quit offering companies tax incentives
- With two new headquarters, will Amazon get to double dip on tax breaks?