Indian American Anthropologist Anneeth Kaur Hundle named Sikh Studies Endowed Chair at UC Irvine
- February 5, 2019
- Anneeth Kaur Hundle, anthropology, in IndiaWest, Feb 5, 2019
U.C. Irvine Jan. 30 announced that Anneeth Kaur Hundle has been named the Dhan Kaur Sahota Presidential Chair in Sikh Studies at the university’s School of Social Sciences. The $2 million endowed chair – housed in the Department of Anthropology – was created in 2017 with a $1.5 million gift from Drs. Harvinder and Asha Sahota and $500,000 from the U.C. Presidential Match for Endowed Chairs program, according to a university news release.
For the full story, please visit https://www.indiawest.com/news/global_indian/indian-american-anthropologist-anneeth-kaur-hundle-named-sikh-studies-endowed/article_f8c6ff90-2685-11e9-a04c-271185e87571.html.
Related News Items
- From art to anthropology
- Sahota chair - UCI hosts inaugural event
- Anneeth Kaur Hundle named Dhan Kaur Sahota Presidential Chair in Sikh Studies at University of California
- No love lost: What credit unions can expect from cores of the future
- With $1.5 million gift, Anneeth Kaur Hundle appointed to UCI endowed chair in Sikh studies