With two new headquarters, will Amazon get to double dip on tax breaks?
- November 13, 2018
- Ami Glazer, economics, via NBC News, Nov. 13, 2018
"If it's 50,000 jobs [in a large city], how many of them will be people moving from existing jobs to new jobs?" said Amihai Glazer, a professor of economics at the University of California, Irvine. The previous employers may not hire replacements immediately, dampening the impact.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/two-new-headquarters-will-amazon-get-double-dip-tax-breaks-n935896.
Related News Items
- 257: "Price gouging" in emergencies (Raymond Niles and Amihai Glazer)
- How will Orange County officials overcome Coronavirus vaccine hesitancy? Incentives could be one answer
- COVID-19 anniversary: UC Irvine economics professor on O.C.'s pandemic economy and recovery
- A look back at Orange County's 2020 response to the Coronavirus pandemic
- High unemployment rates in Orange County slowly dropping: 2020's economic collapse in review