With two new headquarters, will Amazon get to double dip on tax breaks?
- November 13, 2018
- Ami Glazer, economics, via NBC News, Nov. 13, 2018
"If it's 50,000 jobs [in a large city], how many of them will be people moving from existing jobs to new jobs?" said Amihai Glazer, a professor of economics at the University of California, Irvine. The previous employers may not hire replacements immediately, dampening the impact.
For the full story, please visit https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/two-new-headquarters-will-amazon-get-double-dip-tax-breaks-n935896.
Related News Items
- What tech boom? UCI professor muted on OC
- Everything you think you know about corporate tax incentives is wrong
- Why corporate tax incentives don't get results
- Why cities should stop playing Amazon's game and quit offering companies tax incentives
- Other tech companies may be biggest winners in Amazon and New York City's HQ2 debacle