Thomas Snyder and Marcus Witcher: Minimum-wage rise perilous
- November 1, 2018
- David Neumark, economics, via Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette, Nov. 1, 2018 (Opinion)
A more recent survey of the literature by David Neumark, economics professor at UCI, and William Wascher for the Institute of the Study of Labor found that the "sizeable majority" of studies correlate increases in minimum wage with increases in unemployment.
For the full story, please visit http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2018/nov/01/a-dark-history-20181101/?opinion.
Related News Items
- Opinion: Canada should follow the lead of Trump's America and grow jobs, not regulations
- Opinion: Democrats' job guarantee plan isn't such a good idea, economist says
- Business groups slam House for passing $15 minimum wage bill
- House votes to raise federal minimum wage to $15
- Map: The lowest-paying job in each U.S. state