Money, then and now (audio)
- October 12, 2018
- Bill Maurer, anthropology, via WNYC Studios, Oct. 12, 2018
Most evidence suggests that money arose from recordkeeping — or, as UC Irvine professor Bill Maurer explains, … "in the beginning was not the coin... in the beginning was the receipt." In this segment, Bob [Garfield] speaks with Maurer and Brown University's Mark Blyth about past and present myths about money, and what the history of money might suggest about its future.
For the full story, please visit https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/money-then-and-now.
Related News Items
- The Faketoshi Circus: Even Bitcoin Can't Escape the Politics of Money
- UCI launches new open online course on confronting digital extremism
- What Facebook's Libra really is
- Facebook's Libra: it's not the 'crypto' that's the issue, it's the organization behind it
- How to be inclusive with your payment methods