AI-based credit scores will soon give one billion people access to banking services
- October 9, 2018
- Stephen Rea, IMTFI, via MarketWatch, Oct. 9, 2018
“In the abstract, having access to credit is better than not having access to credit
and certainly better than having access to really predatory credit at extremely high
interest rates,” said Stephen Rea, a fellow at the Institute for Money, Technology,
and Financial Inclusion at the University of California, Irvine. Still, he cautions
that while increased credit access has the potential to meaningfully improve the standard
of living in emerging markets, companies and consumers must tread carefully.
For the full story, please visit https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ai-based-credit-scores-will-soon-give-one-billion-people-access-to-banking-services-2018-10-09.
Related News Items
- Women leading the blockchain revolution: "Jump in and don't hesitate" With Heidi Pease and Tyler Gallagher
- "Capitalism is so much easier!" Learning savings through playing a board game
- ICA debunks link between cash and crime
- How Nigerian ATM fraud victims are swindled
- Beyond 'send money home': The complex gender dynamics behind mobile money usage