Mexican-American professor aims to be ‘agent of ethnic mobility’
- October 2, 2018
- Glenda Flores, Chicano/Latino studies, in Diverse Issues in Higher Education, Oct. 2, 2018
Dr. Glenda M. Flores is …. not only a first-generation college graduate but a tenured associate professor at her alma mater — the University of California-Irvine — where several students are like her in so many ways. … “Honestly, I feel very blessed and grateful to have this group of students who are not just Latinos, but there are others who are first-generation college students,” she says. “I see in a lot of them this deep-seated desire to finish … you’re not doing it for yourself, but for a whole group of people who sacrificed for you.”
For the full story, please visit https://diverseeducation.com/article/128205/.
Related News Items
- 5 things all new Anteaters need to know
- Award winning scientist, professor of biology Adriana Briscoe reveals hidden world of butterflies
- When research becomes personal
- Red lipstick and gold hoops: attitudes toward makeup are changing at work
- Mexican-American professor aims to be 'agent of ethnic mobility'