Coinbase survey shows 18% of U.S. students now own cryptocurrency
- August 28, 2018
- Bill Maurer, anthropology, via Coindesk, Aug. 28, 2018
"Students today are really thinking deeply about economic issues and alternative economic futures," Bill Maurer, the dean of the School of Social Sciences at the University of California Irvine, said. He continued: "Teaching about this kind of stuff now can be really powerful for students that are trying to find their own way and envision what kind of possible alternatives there might be to the prevailing economic system."
For the full story, please visit https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-blockchain-class-universities-coinbase/.
Related News Items
- The Faketoshi Circus: Even Bitcoin Can't Escape the Politics of Money
- UCI launches new open online course on confronting digital extremism
- What Facebook's Libra really is
- Facebook's Libra: it's not the 'crypto' that's the issue, it's the organization behind it
- How to be inclusive with your payment methods