The Criminalization of Parenthood (Book review)
- August 22, 2018
- Research by Stanford, Sarnecka and Thomas in The New York Times, Aug. 22, 2018
One of the more interesting lines of study she explores involves research by a cognitive scientist at the University of California at Irvine who found that people confuse moral evaluations with risk assessments. … “People don’t think that leaving children alone is dangerous and therefore immoral,” Brooks writes. “They think it is immoral and therefore dangerous.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/22/books/review/small-animals-kim-brooks.html.
Related News Items
- How to write more, write better, and be happier in academia
- Infants 10 to 16 months old prefer those who yield in conflicts, study finds
- Infants 10 to 16 months old prefer those who yield in conflicts
- Babies prefer those who defer in conflicts, toddlers pick winners
- How dare she dash in for muffins?