Motherhood in the age of fear (Opinion)
- July 27, 2018
- Research by social scientists Ashley Thomas (cog sci), Barbara Sarnecka (cog sci) and Kyle Stanford (LPS) in The New York Times, July 27, 2018
This has actually been confirmed by researchers. Barbara W. Sarnecka, a cognitive
scientist at the University of California, Irvine, and her colleagues presented subjects
with vignettes in which a parent left a child unattended, and participants estimated
how much danger the child was in. … “It’s not about safety,” Dr. Sarnecka told me.
“It’s about enforcing a social norm.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/27/opinion/sunday/motherhood-in-the-age-of-fear.html.
Related News Items
- How to write more, write better, and be happier in academia
- Infants 10 to 16 months old prefer those who yield in conflicts, study finds
- Infants 10 to 16 months old prefer those who yield in conflicts
- Babies prefer those who defer in conflicts, toddlers pick winners
- How dare she dash in for muffins?