He called older employees ‘Dead Wood.’ Two sued for age discrimination.
- July 9, 2018
- David Neumark, economics, via The New York Times, July 9, 2018
In a recent study, …. The results confirmed the impact of gender. “The callback rate uniformly declines with age,” said co-author David Neumark, an economist at the University of California, Irvine. … “We do all kinds of things to help people boost their retirement security,” Dr. Neumark said. “If you can work a little longer, it’s huge. Your savings go a lot further.”
For the full story, please visit https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/06/health/age-discrimination-ohio-state.html.
Related News Items
- Who really earns the minimum wage?
- Opinion: Canada should follow the lead of Trump's America and grow jobs, not regulations
- Opinion: Democrats' job guarantee plan isn't such a good idea, economist says
- Business groups slam House for passing $15 minimum wage bill
- House votes to raise federal minimum wage to $15