This book shows us the value of a questioning mind (Book review)
- March 23, 2018
- Brian Skyrms, LPS, in The Daily Herald, March 23, 2018
Persi Diaconis and [UCI Distinguished Professor] Brian Skyrms are … both professors at Stanford University — Diaconis in math and statistics; Skyrms in logic and philosophy — and their new book contains both some questions and some answers. The book is entitled “Ten Great Ideas About Chance” ….
For the full story, please visit http://www.heraldnet.com/business/this-book-shows-us-the-value-of-a-questioning-mind/.
Related News Items
- UCI's Logic and Philosophy of Science Summer Diversity Program continues to champion underrepresented voices
- With George H.W. Bush hospitalized, the world wonders: Is it a broken heart?
- Top ranked
- Science's inference problem: When data doesn't mean what we think it does
- Book review: 'Ten Great Ideas about Chance'