Housing is a hand up not a hand out
- December 2, 2017
- Research by David Snow and Rachel Goldberg, sociology, featured in the Orange County Register, Dec. 2, 2017
A recent cost study conducted by UC Irvine and the United Way indicated that $300
million was spent on homelessness within one fiscal year between the county, cities,
hospitals, law enforcement agencies and community based organizations.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/2017/12/02/housing-is-a-hand-up-not-a-hand-out/.
Related News Items
- Newport considering campaign to encourage people to donate to charity, rather than give to panhandlers
- Vox co-founder and editor-at-large Ezra Klein on politics and his Irvine roots
- Sheriff to get extra $65 million for existing services amid pushback over housing, public defender
- Newport Beach picks 7 for homelessness task force
- The homeless are dying in record numbers on the streets of L.A.