Housing is a hand up not a hand out
- December 2, 2017
- Research by David Snow and Rachel Goldberg, sociology, featured in the Orange County Register, Dec. 2, 2017
A recent cost study conducted by UC Irvine and the United Way indicated that $300
million was spent on homelessness within one fiscal year between the county, cities,
hospitals, law enforcement agencies and community based organizations.
For the full story, please visit http://www.ocregister.com/2017/12/02/housing-is-a-hand-up-not-a-hand-out/.
Related News Items
- New outreach, new law could boost health care for homeless people
- Nonprofit turning motel into housing for homeless as part of O.C. effort to build 2,700 units by 2025
- UCI and CDCR sign MOU to partner on new in-prison bachelor's degree program
- Unsheltered, Part 5: It won't be easy, but O.C. can beat homelessness, experts and officials say
- Unsheltered, Part 3: Can Orange County cities find the political will to fix homelessness?