Organization in need of funding rushes to house hundreds of homeless before housing vouchers expire
- February 17, 2022
- Work by Dave Snow and Rachel Goldberg, sociology, Daily Pilot, Feb. 17, 2022
A 2017 study by UC Irvine, Jamboree Housing and Orange County United Way found that it costs twice as much for someone to live on the street than to house them.
For the full story, please visit https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/entertainment/story/2022-02-17/organization-in-need-of-funding-rushes-to-house-hundreds-of-homeless-before-housing-vouchers-expire.
Related News Items
- The Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Social and Political Movements
- Despite motel conversions, Orange County remains far behind housing goals
- O.C. housing agencies face hurdles fulfilling 'unprecedented' number of housing vouchers before they expire
- New outreach, new law could boost health care for homeless people
- Nonprofit turning motel into housing for homeless as part of O.C. effort to build 2,700 units by 2025